

Just copied a picture of the old, Kelly family farm at Kerrowmoar in the Parish of Malew , from M/S Virtual Earth. This program now covers the whole of the island , whereas previously, only certain areas were available. I do not know how big the farm was all those years ago, probably some buildings were added, but I do know the family lived in the lower of the two cottages. The whole farm may have been occupied by two families, as the picture seems to suggest.........I guess more research is necessary. Easily visible is the front garden where the family posed for photos with the two horses all those years ago . [See photo in ' News from Straid Vona 2 '.....manxman069.blogspot.com. ]....I estimate the Virtual Earth picture is about 4 to 5 years old.
If you enlarge the picture by clicking on it, the Kelly farm is the first one you come to as you travel up the lane, and as I said , with the garden and hedge clearly visible
I thought, while I am in 'aerial mode ' I would include on this posting a picture of Peel from the air. Not a very big place but very friendly and a nice place to live. Easily seen is St Patrick's Isle on which are the ruins of Peel Castle.. .

No comments:
Post a Comment