Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Our New Coffee Kiosk on Peel Breakwater




I thought that this was worth a mention......at least for the locals. The new refreshment kiosk is taking shape on the breakwater. The construction mirrors the public toilets alongside [ how artistic can you get ] and replaces a little wooden hut that had been there as long as I can remember. It served good coffee as well as a surprising variety of snacks and drinks . I should imagine the new place will have greater number of choices available. The place is exactly a 12 minute walk from my house and is open all year round.....and in winter big waves can come crashing over the breakwater...rapidly cooling your coffee !!
The picture is one I borrowed from a webcam site which overlooks this spot.....hence the 'fish eye ' lens effect.

2 comments:

manxkiwi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
manxkiwi said...

Caught many a mackerel off that pier.