
Welcome to my latest site....I hope everybody is keeping up with me as I keep jumping all over the place. To kick this blog off I have just put on a view of the Castle in Peel which I took earlier on in the year. I think we had better weather then than we are having now in August. Mind you , Manx weather can be pretty changeable.....usually from hour to hour.
The Castle, built around 1100, is for the most part in ruins, though of course, still haunted by the Moddey Dhoo, the black hound that roams the Castle at night. I kid you not. When the castle was garrisoned , a couple or so hundred years ago, a soldier came across this giant dog one night ...he never spoke again and died three days later ! So the story of the spectral hound of Peel Castle must be true .....maybe !!
I hope you like the picture of the Castle which is built on St Patrick's Isle just a 100 yards offshore and connected to the main Island by a causeway

No comments:
Post a Comment