Thursday, 11 September 2008

Peel's Seagulls


I like this story which appeared in the local press today. Peel, being a fishing port has it's share of seagulls. However, they can be a bit of a nuisance at times, making a mess on cars, flying down and pinching food of your plate at outside cafes [ true ] and ripping open rubbish bags. So some bright spark at the Town Hall suggested they hire a falconer with a hunting bird to scare the seagulls away from the town centre. The rest of the Town Hall gang thought this was a grand idea and employed a guy with his fierce , hunting hawk. Ha ha ! Bad idea. ........the hawk was last seen heading out to sea pursued by a flock of angry seagulls. I have a seagull who calls most days for his dinner ......[ see picture ] .....I just bet my Charlie was one of the ringleaders.
Moral of this story is........don't mess with Peel's gals........I mean gulls!!!

No comments: