


I just thought that anyone looking at this blog may like to see a picture overlooking the Central Valley between Douglas and Peel. This particular view is known locally as the Plains of Heaven. The picture is in panoramic format so it may be necessary to click on the picture to enlarge it and then scroll across the picture to get the full effect . This valley which is 10 miles long, coast to coast and divides the two mountainous halves of the Island . It is along this valley that I go on my bike rides.
Click on picture to enlarge and hopefully you will be able to scroll the image across the screen in order to see the panoramic effect.
Just found another panoramic picture on the web ....this time looking South from Maughold Head along the East coast towards Douglas . When I did a bit more walking than I do at present , I hiked over this area a few times......lovely part of the Island .
Just added a third picture, taken in the same area , not by me I hasten to add. Notice the heather, usually found higher up in the hills, growing alongside the sea.

2 comments:
What a fantastic site
This is awesome Grandad!! Great site, and ive even had first hand experience and first hand knowledge of all of these pictures...youve told me all the sepcial stories about them!
Post a Comment